Monday, January 31, 2011

My baby is 15

Tomorrow J turns 15.  So naturally, I am feeling overly sentimental tonight as I remember anticipating his arrival just 15 short years ago.  As the firstborn, J enjoys the unique privilege of being the child that turned hubby and I from a couple into a family.  For four and a half years he reigned as the sole center of our world.  He was a blessedly easy baby, sweet and good natured from the moment he was born.  Over the years, he has remained sweet and good natured with a heart of pure gold.  As he anticipates getting his learner's permit, learning to drive,  and all the other exciting things that come along with growing up, I find myself at a bittersweet crossroads.  I feel so blessed to have a healthy, happy son who is growing up just as he should.  But my heart still longs for the sweet baby who made me a mommy for the very first time.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

15? how is he POSSIBLY 15!?!?!?! what the heck! time sure flies!