Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Girl Time

This weekend I'm doing something I've never done in 19 years of marriage and 15 years of motherhood.  I'm leaving my husband and kids behind and going away for the weekend with friends.  No husbands, no kids.  Just six women enjoying a girls get away weekend.  These six women are all very dear friends to me.  They're all part of my online circle of friends that I  wrote about here: http://homerunmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/circle-of-friends.html.  This will be the first time I've had the pleasure of meeting two of them in person.  We're going to Jekyll Island, Georgia. Our plans include a lot of sitting on the beach or around the pool, talking and relaxing.  I'm sure we'll do a little exploring, shopping, and restaurant hopping as well.  But the main purpose of this trip is to just kick back, relax, and enjoy each other's company.  We leave Friday morning and I can hardly wait.   That's not to say I won't miss my family.  I will.  But I'm looking forward to some me time with a group of fantastic women whose friendship I treasure.  Two more days girls!

No comments: