Monday, December 1, 2008

Magnificent Monday

I want to officially go on record and state that I hate Mondays. Mondays are the single busiest day of the week for our family. Mondays signal the start of the new school week which entails trying to remember who ordered lunch, who has what to hand in this week, and my personal favorite, is it car duty week for the 7th grader (insert grimace here, especially if it is AM car duty). Monday is also the day A has playgroup, N has cub scouts and gymnastics, J has service club and baseball practice. Since T works the closing shift at the store the majority of Mondays, I'm on my own. Or almost. My parents pitch in and help out with the shuffling of kids. I probably don't thank them near enough. Homework is completed in between activities at various locations. The car, the library, the middle of the shopping center where the gymnastics center is located. After we all arrive home, these darn kids expect to be fed. I don't thank my crockpot near enough either. I hate Mondays. My favorite part of Monday is when I collapse into bed and can start dreaming that it's Tuesday. Did I mention I hate Mondays?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Sandy, can I share two of my secrets to surviving Mondays? I always wash my sheets on Sunday. Something about getting into a crisp, fresh, bed on a Sunday night; helps me feel ready for the week. The second is I stay up late and watch the DVR'd Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. :o)