Thursday, March 5, 2009

Don't look Mom!

Today A and I went to the grocery store, where I picked up a bottle of children's sudafed for her stuffy nose. I left the bottle, still in the box, on the kitchen table while I put away the rest of the groceries. Then I made the mistake of stepping out of the kitchen to check messages. In the approximately three minutes I was out of sight, A managed to remove the bottle from the box, drop it and break it. As I headed back for the kitchen, she frantically shouted, "Don't look Mom! Don't look!" She was attempting to clean up the spill with a paper towel and a sopping wet dish rag. I wish I could say my reaction to this little mishap was a calm, "Don't worry sweetie. Accidents happen." But I would be lying. After frantically asking her if she had drunk any of the medicine,(she hadn't) I furiously sent her to her room and kept up a muttered string of curses while mopping up the mess. From A's bedroom down the hall came a muttered, "I told you not to look."

2 comments:

Steph said...

That's so funny Sandy! When Anthony knows he's about to do something he shouldn't he'll point his finger at Mike and say very seriously, "You go back to work." LOL They're all little buggers!

Steph

Rocket Ma'am said...

I know when the twins are up to something because they'll tell me they think I need to go check on one of the younger ones. It all started when Natalie was a baby and when they wanted me to stop bugging them, they'd tell me to go take care of her.