Monday, March 16, 2009

Planning Ahead

Saturday morning, I told the kids we would be attending mass that evening. J was scheduled to altar serve and we were scheduled to take our turn selling raffle tickets for the school's spring fundraiser before and after. N greeted this news with lots of protesting and arguing. They go to mass every Friday during school and he didn't see why he should have to go two days in a row. He kept up the complaining until I warned him that one more word would earn him a grounding for the weekend. Since N never knows when to stop arguing, he ended up grounded for the weekend. This meant no tv, video games, or playng with friends. Yesterday morning he started in about how bored he was and there was nothing to do. He then proceeded to talk my ear off. With my head ready to explode, I told him to go entertain himself for a while. He countered that since he was grounded there was nothing for him to do besides talk to me. I countered that he got himself grounded and I really needed some peace and quiet. He grinned and said, " I guess you didn't plan ahead when you grounded me." Smart ass.

No comments: