Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Dream Team

Regular readers of this blog know J's history with Coach C.  To recap quickly for new readers or those not in the know, J met Coach C when he went to try out for the TP summer team last April.  Right from the start, he and Coach C clicked,  and J had tremendous respect for him as a coach.  Hubby and I were impressed with  the way Coach C coached not just J, but the entire team.  Over the course of the summer, as we came to know Coach C better, hubby and I decided to ask how he felt about mentoring J as he pursues his dream of playing college and possibly professional baseball.  Coach C agreed and what began as a partnership to help J on his road to college baseball rapidly turned into a lasting friendship.

Coach C has provided training, support and friendship to J for the past eight months.  In that time period, hubby and I have come to know Coach C not just as a fantastic baseball coach, which he is, but as a truly good hearted young man whom we now consider part of our family.  We're extremely grateful to have Coach C as a coach, mentor, role model, and friend for J.  We're also grateful for the way he has become a friend to N and A, and to us.  He's much more than J's coach to all of us.  He's a treasured friend.

Over these past eight months,  as I've watched J and Coach C working so hard, I've come to think of them as something of a dream team.  Hubby and I are supporting members of the team, since J's training is a real group effort.  But J and Coach C are the heart and soul of the team.   J's the heart because it's his dream that led us all to this point.  And I do believe that all paths led us to exactly where we are right now.  Coach C is the soul, because without his expertise and guidance, none of this would have been possible.  He not only maps out the entire program, he offers unending support and encouragement to all of us.  I've  frequently shared my thoughts on J's training.  And recently I shared J's point of view.  So I thought it made perfect sense to ask Coach C to share his point of view.  He's agreed to do a guest post sharing his thoughts and feelings on J's training.  Look for it in a day or two.  I'm sure you'll enjoy hearing from him!

No comments: