Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pageant Memories

Tomorrow is one of my favorite events of the year, the annual school Christmas Pageant.  This week has been crammed full of rehearsal, prepping costumes, and helping the teachers make sure everything runs smoothly.  This will be the twelfth year I've watched the pageant and I'm looking forward to it just as much as I was all those years ago when J was in it for the very first time.  I thought I'd share some of my favorite memories of pageants past.

My very first pageant, when J was a tiny star, along with all the other pre-k students.  It made me cry then, just like it will tomorrow.

J as the star on the Christmas tree in 2nd gr looking sleepy enough to topple off the top of the risers.

N as a herald angel in first grade, proudly carrying his golden horn.

N in second grade leading the other second graders in singing "O Christmas Tree" and Jesus Loves Me".

The school choir singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" in both English and Latin.

J as a lead shepherd in 8th gr, giving the opening remarks at the start of the pageant.  It was the first time in school history it was done by a student rather than the principal.

A making her pageant debut last year as a pre-k star.

J in the audience for the first time last year, quietly singing along with all the songs.

A sitting on the altar drumming on her knees to the beat of "The Little Drummer Boy".

I have many more pageant memories, but these are truly my favorites.  I can't wait to add some more tomorrow.

No comments: