Friday, June 3, 2011

Prepping for the Games

J has his first baseball tournament starting tomorrow.  His team is scheduled for three back to back games about an hour away from where we live.  They will also play on Sunday.  In addition, A has her dance recital tomorrow evening.  Luckily for hubby and I, my brother, Uncle D is willing to miss the recital and stay at the tournament with J for all three games.  We'll get to go for the first game, then will head home with the grandparents to go to the recital. 

This is our first experience with tournament baseball and I'm not quite sure what to expect. Other than to plan on being outside all day and that it probably makes sense to go prepared with drinks, food, chairs, shade tents, and anything else that will make the day go smoothly.  We're in the process of getting the van packed.  So far, I've mixed up a gallon of Gatorade, packed a cooler with drinks, and cut up fruit for snacking.  Hubby has loaded chairs, shade tent, and afore mentioned cooler.  In a pile waiting to be loaded are my camera bag, a bag containing snacks, and A's recital paraphernalia.  All of that is in addition to J's two bags of baseball equipment.  At this rate, we'll need a u-haul trailer to get everything and ourselves to the field. 

My hope is that this weekend will give us a better understanding of how tournament weekends work.  We're not staying in a hotel since it's only an hour away.  I shudder to think how much more stuff we'll need when we do stay in a hotel for a few nights.  In spite of the mad rush of preparations, I'm looking forward to the start of the tournament weekends.  I'll post about the games at the end of the weekend and let you know how team TP did.  Yes, I said team TP.  It stands for Top Prospects, which is the baseball school that sponsors the team.  N laughs every time he hears it.  Go ahead and laugh, too.  You know you want to!     

No comments: