Thursday, August 4, 2011

New Blog Background and the Origin of this Blog's Name

It occurred to me that the title of this blog demanded a more appropriate design, so I started messing around with different options.  And found this one.  I think it fits the title of the blog well.  I hope you like it!
I also decided it was time to share how the title of this blog came about.  When J was in 5th or 6th grade(I can't remember for certain), he brought home an art project wrapped in newspaper.  "I made this for you mom," he said as he handed it to me. I tore off the newspaper to find a little ceramic plate decorated with a hand drawn picture of a flaming baseball.  Above the baseball are the words home run mom.  I admit I cried when I saw it.  The fact that he tied his love for baseball to me just melted my heart.  That little plate still hangs on my living room wall.  Every time I look at it I remind myself to always strive to be the best mom I can.  I may not always hit a home run, but I try.  And my little team of three loves me even on the days I strike out.

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Aww, I love J -- has always been so sweet!