Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Once a Girl Scout

I was a Girl Scout for many years.  They were fun years, with lots of good memories.  So when A decided she wanted to join Girl Scouts and asked if I would sign up to be the troop leader, I readily agreed.  She'll be starting out as a Daisy, which is the very first level of scouting for girls in kindergarten and first grade.   I went to my first leader's meeting last night and to say I'm overwhelmed is putting it mildly!  There is quite a bit involved in running a troop it seems.  It's a lot more than just doing activities at a weekly meeting.  I'll eventually get it all figured out but in the meantime I'm a little nervous.  I want to be a good leader and do a good job with my little troop of Daisies.  Today's task is learning how to get girls signed up for the troop.  I'm meeting with the council registrar this afternoon so she can explain how to get handle the troop registration, membership dues, etc.  I figure I'll take it one step at a time until I get it all figured out.  Wish me luck!       

1 comment:

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Best of luck ,Sandy .Girls scout is pretty fun :).