Friday, January 20, 2012

One Step Closer

J completed the fourth and final day of tryouts for his school baseball team this afternoon. Originally he didn't think he'd find out until Monday whether or not he made the team.  However, at the conclusion of tryouts, the head coach announced the list of names of those who made the team.  I'm happy to report that J will be playing a sophomore season for his school!

I've been a ball of nerves and worry the past four days.  Even though I knew in my heart he would make it, there's always that element of worry.  J, hubby, and Coach C all told me not to worry, but I did anyway, enough for all of us.  Happily, the knot in the pit of my stomach dissolved the moment J called on the way home from tryouts to report he'd made the team.

Practice begins Monday and he'll find out then if he'll be playing JV or varsity.  Honestly, he'll be happy either way.  And so will I.  As Coach C put it, it's a win win.  If he makes varsity as a sophomore it will be a huge honor for him, even though he might not get as much  playing time as the juniors and seniors.  If he makes JV, he'll likely get a lot of playing time and really have the opportunity to shine.  Either way, he's primed to have a fantastic sophomore season.  He's made one more step down the road toward the dreams he's hell bent on chasing.  

No comments: