Friday, May 25, 2012

Hitting The Road At Last

At long last, it's time for TP to hit the road for their first tournament of the summer, the Perfect Game WWBA East Memorial Day Classic in Fort Myers.  It's a huge tournament with about 70 teams competing.  They're really starting the summer off with a bang.  Are they ready?  I think they are.  I've been watching them practice for three weeks now and to my eyes they look pretty solid.  Coach C has been pleased with them.  Roughly half the team are returners are from last summer and the other half are new.  They've quickly forged a team bond and an outsider would have a hard time picking out the returners from the newbies.  I have a good feeling about this weekend.  I think they're going to do really well, displaying that trademark TP heart and fire.

I've spent the day running around getting ready to leave tomorrow.  The bags are packed, the cookies baked, and the van is loaded.  We'll depart after lunchtime tomorrow once A's end of the year party at school is over.  Hubby and N are staying behind this trip.  Hubby has to work over the holiday weekend and N elected to stay home with him.  So J, A, and I are hitting the road along with my parents and J's teammate C, who's family was unable to attend the games this weekend.  The hotel is catering a team dinner for us tomorrow night, which will be a nice way to get to know everyone.  Our first game is Saturday morning at 9:00.  I'll be posting updates, so check back to see how TP does in their first 2012 tournament.

No comments: