Monday, May 14, 2012

A Surprise For A

Regular readers of this blog know that A is crazy about Coach C.  She's been impatiently waiting for him to be finished with school for the year and get back home.  He got home a few weeks ago, but A has not gotten the chance to see him since I don't usually take her along to TP practice.  For a while now, she's been saying that she wanted Coach C to pick her up from school one day.  Well, today he did. Sort of.  Several weeks ago I asked Coach C if he would be willing to come and do a little baseball clinic for my daisy troop so they could earn a baseball fun patch.  He agreed and we decided that we would keep the clinic a secret from A.  All she knew about today was that Coach C was coming for dinner,which is not an unusual occurrence.  I always pick the girls up from the dismissal line on meeting days and today when I arrived, Coach C was with me.  When A looked up and saw him, she was actually speechless for a minute, her little mouth dropping open and her eyes blinking in disbelief.   She recovered quickly and happily gave Coach C a hug. Once in the classroom we use for meetings she was quick to announce to all the other girls that Coach C would be coming over to our house for dinner after the meeting.  I guess she wanted to make sure none of the other girls tried to take him home!

The baseball clinic was a success.  Coach C taught the girls about pitching and hitting, then played a game of wiffle ball with them.  Here's a group picture I took at the end of the clinic.

      

No comments: