Sunday, August 1, 2010

Only One Week Left

Of summer vacation that is.  Yep, that's right.  The kids start school a week from tomorrow, August 9.  This week will be filled with last minute preparations:  uniform sale, high school registration, eye exams, and pre-k orientation.  Sigh.  I'm tired just thinking about it.

We're trying to pack as much fun as possible into the last few days of summer though.  This weekend J and N went with my dad to see the Yankees play the Tampa Rays.  They went for Saturday's game, stayed overnight and went to another game today.  N even managed to get Mariano Rivera to autograph J's outgrown Derek Jeter jersey.  Yes, I know it would have made more sense to actually have Derek Jeter autograph it, but Rivera was the one out signing today.    I took A to see Ramona and Beezu and then we hit IHOP for a girl's dinner out with my mom.  And tomorrow, cousin B and cousin M arrive to spend the week with us.  We're planning to squeeze some beach time in, maybe a little free bowling, and hopefully some relaxation.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am so not ready to let go of the carefree days of summer. I don't want to think about setting the alarm every night, packing lunches,  cracking the homework whip, or making sure everyone is in bed at the appointed time.   Ideally, I'd be back in Hawaii, relaxing on that gorgeous black sand beach we visited.  I've accepted that it's not going to happen, but I can dream right?  How are you spending the end of your summer?  If it's on a black sand beach in Hawaii, be merciful and don't tell me!

No comments: